Buy My Book Here

Fox News Ticker

Please check out my new books, "Bullied to Death: Chris Mackney's Kafkaesque Divorce and Sandra Grazzini-Rucki and the World's Last Custody Trial"

Monday, March 10, 2008

Dancing on a Grave: The Conservative Media and Elliot Spitzer

As most probably know, New York Governor Elliot Spitzer is set to resign because of links to a prostitution ring. I took a couple of minutes today to find a larger meaning and I decided that there is none. This is a terrible and unfortunate event. Spitzer has brought shame to himself, his family, and the office he occupies for the time being. Beyond that, I don't see any larger meaning here. I maybe an ideological opponent of Spitzer but I don't root for his failure. Yet, that is exactly what many on the Conservative end of the media have done today. My blogging cohorts are in their version of Disneyland and they can't get enough. Red State immediately tried to tie this case to a larger "culture of corruption" using three politicians in three random states. To call this a stretch is of course an understatement.




Ace of Spades did some photosphopping and created the photo to the left. I would put the class level on this photo just above the one below of Justice Scalia by Daily Kos just below.
It is a sad day when conservative bloggers have little if no more class than the Daily Kos.
Michelle Malkin thought this story was so important that she began liveblogging it with multiple updates.She of course ended the story with some condescending and righteous indignation...
Brenda Buttner on FNC reports that Wall Street cheered upon hearing the news of Spitzer’s troubles. The joke among traders about the Emperors’ Club scandal is that Spitzer the Emperor had no clothes–literally.
Unfortunately, I am in no position to make moral judgements upon anyone else. I have done what Spitzer is accused of and worse. What he did was reprehensible and for it he will pay, however it is not an event that should be celebrated and reveled in and today I am ashamed of my blogging cohorts.

No comments: