Buy My Book Here

Fox News Ticker

Please check out my new books, "Prosecutors Gone Wild: The Inside Story of the Trial of Chuck Panici, John Gliottoni, and Louise Marshall" and also, "The Definitive Dossier of PTSD in Whistleblowers"

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fire Kills Over 100 at Russian Club

On February 17th, 2003, a pyrotechnics display at Great White show went horribly wrong. In its aftermath 100 people were left dead at the rock concert at the Station Nightclub in Warwich, Rhode Island.




The Station nightclub fire occurred beginning at 11:07 PM EST, on Thursday, February 20, 2003, at The Station, a glam metal and rock n roll themed nightclub located in West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States; it is considered to be the fourth deadliest nightclub fire in American history, killing 100 people, four of whom died after being admitted to local hospitals. The fire was caused when pyrotechnic sparks, set off by the tour manager of the evening's headlining band, Great White, ignited flammable sound insulation foam in the walls and ceilings around the stage,
creating a flash fire that engulfed the club in 5 1/2 minutes. Some 230 people were injured and another 132 escaped uninjured. Video footage of the fire depicts the astonishing rapidity of its initial growth, the quickness with which stampeding patrons blocked the front entrance, and the ensuing pandemonium as several people tried desperately to help, by whatever means possible, those attempting to escape the building, which, by that time, was already gushing black smoke.


This morning, in Russia, that country is deal with a similar tragedy.




President Dmitry Medvedev demanded that Russia tighten its notoriously lax fire codes Saturday after the deadliest blaze since the Soviet era killed at least 106 people celebrating in a nightclub with a decorative twig ceiling and single exit.

At least 130 people were injured, dozens critically, when onstage fireworks set the ceiling of the Lame Horse nightclub ablaze soon after midnight, witnesses and officials said. Many victims were trapped in a panicked crush for the exit as they attempted to escape the flames and thick black smoke.




This fire occurred at the Moscow club called the Lame Horse. Again, it occurred when a pyrotechnic display went tragically wrong. Pray for the victims.

No comments: