Buy My Book Here

Fox News Ticker

Please check out my new books, "Bullied to Death: Chris Mackney's Kafkaesque Divorce and Sandra Grazzini-Rucki and the World's Last Custody Trial"

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Diamond

The Diamond
The diamond appeared, a sight unlike any other
Hypnotized, captivated by its beauty, all rational thought was smothered

Each curve sparkled, lit in a perfect gaze
Each karat revealed a perfection, a femininity, enthralled in my gaze

I wanted to take the diamond home, but it was locked in a box
I was resigned merely to admire, for this key I had not

The possibilities were endless but reality finite
Only from afar would this diamond be in my sight

Then, in the diamond I saw flaws: cracks, imperfections and defects
Had its beauty made my perspective incorrect

Or could I mold its imperfections and it would take away my emptiness
The diamond cared not, a free spirit, totally oblivious and careless

Then, even the pleasure of staring was taken away
Resigned was I to nothing more than memories of yesterday

Why had I been discarded, treated so cruelly
I knew not, but then another diamond appeared fully

No comments: