Buy My Book Here

Fox News Ticker

Please check out my new books, "Bullied to Death: Chris Mackney's Kafkaesque Divorce and Sandra Grazzini-Rucki and the World's Last Custody Trial"

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Passing Along Vital Information on Illegal Immigration

Number USA sent me this email this morning.

Senators Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) and David Vitter (R-La.) have introduced Senate versions of Rep. Heath Shuler's (D-N.C.) SAVE Act (Secure America with Verification Enforcement [H.R. 4088]). Sen. Pryor's bill is S. 2368 and Sen. Vitter's bill is S. 2366.

The two bills are substantively the same -- essentially both bills are identical, so the best thing would be to encourage your Senator to sign onto both. If they want to make a choice based on something other that the substance of the bill, that is their call, but NumbersUSA has endorsed both.

Send this fax asking your Senators to cosponsor BOTH S. 2368 and S. 2366, important bills that would immediately begin to reduce illegal immigration.

My last post on the matter pointed out that the SAVE Act has started to gain a sort of rockstar status. I believe this believe has all the right intentions and it has a ton of potential, however the fawning which is being given to it scares me.

This bill has a huge potential flaw that no one but me it seems is willing to talk about. This will create yet another massive government bureaucracy and that is almost never good and I have heard nothing about this bureaucracy.Thus, my advice is that everyone do what Numbers asks, but that you also ask about this new bureaucracy and see if the pols know how it will be implemented.

No comments: