Buy My Book Here

Fox News Ticker

Please check out my new books, "Bullied to Death: Chris Mackney's Kafkaesque Divorce and Sandra Grazzini-Rucki and the World's Last Custody Trial"

Monday, August 17, 2009

Dr. Blotcky Strikes Again

I recently had a chance to speak with an individual that was involved in a custody dispute in which Dr. Mark Blotcky acted as a psychitric expert. I have written before about Dr. Blotcky who often acts as a psychiatric expert witness in custody disputes in the Dallas area. She asked me to keep her name out of any story and so I will relay what happened entirely anonymously.

She had been married and divorced t her ex husband twice. In fact, their divorce,along with custody, had long been settled at the end of last year, when her husband brought the case back into family court seeking a reversal in primary custody. Her ex husband hired the well known divorce law Dallas area firm, McCurley and McCurley. Unbeknownst to my source, her kids had already been taken to Dr. Blotcky for a couple months prior to formal proceedings starting up again.

My source is far less wealthy than her ex husband and so after a few months of legal wrangling, she ran out of money. She was forced to seek the counsel of a free legal aid, which she received.

Dr. Blotcky was authorized to provide psychiatric evaluations of all parties, children and parents, and make a recommendation for which party should have primary custody. In his initial meeting with my source, Dr. Blotcky told her that her daughter, a teen ager, had repeatedly said that she, her mother, was "crazy". She later confronted her daughter and her daughter vehemently denied saying this in fact she said that Dr. Blotcky made this accusation more than once

your mother is crazy, right?

In fact, her daughter furiously denied the accusation each and every time he brought it up. My source also told Dr. Blotcky that her ex husband had a history of abuse. There were several police reports and Dr. Blotcky directed her to bring them in along with three eyewitness accounts. She did that at the next meeting. At that meeting, Dr. Blotcky spent most of the time pressuring her to accept the new arrangement in which her ex husband would receive primary custody even though he now had confirmation of a history of abuse.

It was at this point that fate and the power of the internet stepped in. After this meeting, she did an internet search of Dr. Blotcky. She found several stories that I had written about him. These stories frightened her. There was one that frightened her in particular. At one point in this story, Dr. Blotcky prescribed a nine year old a cocktail of psychiatric drugs and the combination caused the child to gain about 17 pounds in ten weeks. Fearing that Dr. Blotcky would try a similar treatment on her kids, she agreed to allow her ex husband to take primary custody but made sure that as part of the agreement Dr. Blotcky would no longer be involved in their psychiatric care.

To date, Dr. Blotcky has not made public to either party the psychiatric evaluation that he was charged to create. Yet, he has charged both parties a total of $10,000 for his services. My source tells me that she spent no more than 5 hours interacting with Dr. Blotcky. Her total of the bill is $2500 and her ex husband is to pay the rest. For a while, a rumor was floated that Dr. Blotcky had diagnosed her with multiple personality disorder. She called Dr. Blotcky multiple times and left messages wondering if this was true. He never answered. Only recently was it confirmed that no such diagnosis was made because in fact no evaluation has been completed.

Ironically enough, my source tells me that since her husband's business caused him to travel a lot over the last few months, while she has lost primary custody, she sees her kids about as much as she did before getting them on all his business trips.

Prior to the three, now four, exposes of Dr. Blotcky that I did, very little has been written about him. In fact, until recently, Dr. Blotcky was most famous for publishing these books for children and on child psychiatry. The only serious expose done of Dr. Blotcky came from Dallas Observer reporter, Glenna Whitley. Ms. Whitley wrote an expose of the demise of Woodlawn Psychiatric Hospital in Dallas in the mid 1990's. This expose is not avaiable on the internet however. Dr. Blotcky was one of the top brass at Woodlawn in the mid 1980's to early 1990's. At this time, he was also the dean of their teaching program in psychiatry. He began to date one of the students, Dr. Lisa Crumpton, and eventually the two got married. The relationship caused Dr. Crumpton to become isolated from her colleagues who resented that she was dating the dean. Eventually Dr. Crumpton fell into deep depression and committed suicide. Yet, Dr. Blotcky has likely taken advantage of hundreds if not thousands of people in the way I just described and much worse.

His systematic corruption of the child custody system in Dallas has not been reported on until the three stories I did. I believe that the case I just recalled is the first of many in which potential victims will be able to size up Dr. Blotcky for who he is before he's able to do irreversible damage to their children. Maybe soon, Dr. Blotcky will finally face justice for the multitudes of crimes he's committed.

While I can appreciate that it's hard to trust a story done entirely anonymously, I believe taken in whole there is no doubt that Dr. Blotcky is exactly as I have described him. This is the fourth such story and if you read all four I believe that everyone will conclude, as I have, that his evil knows no limits. Here are the three other stories I have done on Dr. Blotcky.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently moved to Dallas and was referred to Dr. Susan Diamond as a primary physician by my roommate. Through sheer accident, in looking up Dr. Diamond's number to call about an appt. I had, I happened upon a story in the Dallas Observer from 2006. After reading that account and the absolute disgusting, unethical behavior by Dr. Blotcky, I came across your blog with your article regarding the Dr. Diamond case and others. I literally have felt like I've been reading a crime novel as I comb through these pages of text and comments. Thank you for bringing to light the greed, corruption, and evil that this man perpetuates on the court system and to innocent families. While I am sure Dr. Diamond is not perfect (who is) there is no doubt in my mind that this woman fell victim to the fraud and backroom deals that devalue our entire legal system.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who saw Dr. Blotcky and was charged $500/hour. He saw him 25 times and spent $90,000 as part of a child custody battle. The balance of the $90,000 was spent talking to attorneys. He will steal from you and only cares about money.

Anonymous said...

i knew Dr.Cumpton for 4 yrs i was in there,she wrote me a letter at the end of my stay about how she loved me and was sorry..she died 1 yr later...rip

Anonymous said...

I happened upon this blog while trying to research Dr. Mark Blotcky. I am in a situation very similar to the situations being described in your blogs. I have been divorced for 7 years and 3 months ago my older children, now teenagers, told me they no longer wished to live with their mother because of how she and her husband are treating them. For an entire month they refused to return to her home, and I have filed motions to change our current possession schedule. My ex-wife has been investigated by Child Protective Services twice in the last 7 years. The first incident was when my child's school reported her for striking my child in the face (then 6 years old) on the way to school. The second incident is within the last 3 months, and I reported it due to what both my older children told me about being struck in the face on more than one occasion.

My ex-wife hired an attorney to fight my motion for a change in primary residence and possession, and that attorney instructed her to take the children to Dr. Blotcky. Nearly everything that has been said so far is exactly what is happening to my children. He has told my 13 year old that she is the problem and cause of all of this. He has told my 8 year old that her big sister is a problem child and causing all of this. He continually says to my children " so your dad is causing you to fight with your mom" and "your dad is instigating this situation with your mom". He also keeps telling them " your dad keeps talking to you about this case when he's not supposed to" to which they reply that only he has been talking about the case & the only reason they know there is a hearing coming up is because he tells them, to which he replies " so your dad told you about the hearing".

My ex-wife told the children that they were ordered to see him by the Judge, which is not true at all, for family counseling. However, he sees each child individually, and has not seen them with their mother to address the concerns they have with their mother and her treatment of them. He has told all 3 children that their mother has done nothing wrong, and that it is I, their father, that is the problem. My older daughter said after their last visit, she overheard Dr. Blotcky ask her mother " what would you like me to tell the Judge at your hearing".

Just 3 days ago, my ex-wife's attorney filed motions to take away all my possession of the kids and the rights to consent to their medical care, authorizing their mother as the sole authority to make psychiatric decisions and all other medical decisions for the children. This is ironic because my ex-wife was ordered by CPS to undergo anger management therapy, parenting classes, and refrain from physically disciplining the children.

Her attorney has also filed motions to block the children from speaking directly to the Judge and expressing their wishes to live with me, and not their mother. All 3 of my children hate, and I mean HATE Dr. Blotcky and have told their mother they refuse to see him, however, she then tells them it will look bad in court when she tells the Judge they refuse to go to therapy. Additionally, my ex-wife will start arguments with my teenagers, and then her husband will antagonize them during the argument and videotape the argument to show how "unstable" the kids are.

My daughter has shown me text messages between her and her mother where my daughter says "mom, please stop arguing with me, you're stressing me out and I am trying to do my homework", to which her mother will reply, "I'm sorry your dad is causing you so much stress, he's not supposed to be bothering you and causing you stress".

Anonymous said...

Continuation of my previous post that was too many characters. Thank you!

Whenever the children are at my home, they refuse to go back to their mother's and because of that her attorney filed an emergency Writ of Habeas Corpus and the Constable came and threatened my children that the court order says they have to go to their mother's house, and if they refuse, he would arrest them as runaways and take them to jail.

My daughter googled Dr. Blotcky this weekend and came to me in tears over what she read. She asked why her mother was making her see a psychiatrist, and that she felt he was trying to tell her, or would tell the Court she had a mental disorder.

I've now had to hire an attorney and spend valuable resources that could be going to my children to fight these absurd accusations. All 3 of my children are gifted & talented, & AP students who have never been in trouble a day in their lives. I've read your three stories on Dr. Blotcky, and if there are any more, or any other resources you can point me to, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time!

Kris said...

Ok so I was a pt of dr.lisa crumpton at timberlawn .I was 15 and didnt get out till day before my 18th bday,I had love dr.c she was a great person .she gave me a ride to the airport and gave me a letter, I'm 46 now and I only remember the ending ,it said I will miss u and I love u .I went home to maine ,I was 18 ,alone and didnt know how to live.I talked to her all the time .Until one December day I called and learned of her death ,something she preached not to do.i think honestly I wasnt supposed to b there ,I had a never ending I surance and that's what they did ,I was a run away nothing more.i remember dr.blocky but didnt have much to do with him but dr.c will always hold a place in my heart

Anonymous said...

I was a patient at Timberlawn as well in my teens, seventeen. I didn't get the opportunity to know Dr. Crumpton, but admired everything I knew about her. She was a professional, with a fierce wardrobe and carried herself very well. She was always friendly to me and I liked her.
I am writing in reference to Dr. Blotcky. He was my individual psychiatrist. I adored him greatly. He never seemed inappropriate nor condescending. He never lead conversations or implied anything based on my situation, nor treatment. He definitely never told me I was crazy. He was quite the opposite, in fact. He was kind, caring and spoke to me with respect. He was someone I looked up to. I had been placed on medicines while I was there and my doctor put me in room therapy while I was there. My parents didn't allow me to remain on the medication I was placed on, because they said it made me zombie like and I was almost catatonic. I believe the way my treatment was carried out was indeed unnecessary and barbaric but didn't suspect Dr. Blotcky responsible. I blamed my doctor. I have never been the same since those days. The room therapy changed me and just impacted me so heavily. I believe that hospital broke me.
It breaks my heart to read all these passages of negativity about someone I was so fond of. However, I am not entirely sure he wasn't recommending what happened to me. I am surely very sorry to hear of anyone having troubles with family and custody. I hope that Mark is not responsible and not guilty of these allegations. And I feel deeply for everyone involved.
I hold space for Lisa. Anyone whom chooses to end their own life deserves to remembered and not forgotten. Rest in peace, my lady. And Dr. Blotcky, may you find peace and healing to be able to do the right things. Thank you

Kris said...

I dont mean to be a nosey wart I am 47 now and I left in 91 would we have crossed paths -i have a theory on how they operated -i believe they over medicated and kept kids in there for the $$$$-I believe dr.c knew this-was part of it..I think it was a reason for her dimise-she was a snazzy dresser-and I'm sorry if people got abused there -i was over med and other thingsbuf it was not at all that bad -like I said I really only was over medand I wouldnt of gone as many places as I did if I wasnt there-id like to see a couple of the staff-kidsthat spent time therethree-hit didnt break mebut mot from lack of trying